PlasmidFactory GmbH is a globally active biopharmaceutical company, founded in Bielefeld, Germany, in 2000.
It is a leading contract manufacturing organization (CMO) for plasmid and minicircle DNA, holding a strong customer base in the fields of cancer research, gene and cell therapy, CAR T-cell development, and genetic vaccination.
PlasmidFactory produces plasmids and minicircles according to clients’ requirements in modern laboratories with high quality standards ranging from research to GMP grade.
Our company employs biologists, chemists, engineers and technical assistants ; and focuses its R&D activities on its core competencies such as production, development, analysis and storage of plasmid and minicircle DNA.
We are currently working in close collaboration with industrial and academic partners on the following research topics:
- Development of non-viral vector systems free of resistance gene sequences (e.g. minicircle)
- Transient AAV production, e.g. minicircle-based
- Optimization of vectors for co-transfection, e.g. for production of viral viruses (AAV, LV) or antibodies or RNA production
- Process development for large scale and high quality (HQ and GMP) production of plasmid and minicircle DNA for clinical applications
- Investigation of the influence of various factors on the long-term stability of plasmid DNA (e.g. plasmid size, DNA concentration, storage medium)
- Influence of freezing and thawing conditions on plasmid topology distribution
- Production of dimeric plasmids (e.g. reporter gene vectors)
- Extension of the fields of application of capillary gel electrophoresis
- QC of plasmid and minicircle DNA, e.g. next generation sequencing Optimization of lentiviral vector systems
- Vector development for hepatitis vaccines
- Clinical and pre-clinical research for non-viral vectors
The company also co-operates with national and international partners on specific individual projects.
In September 2022, PlasmidFactory partnered with ARCHIMED www.archimed.group to accelerate the company’s expansion.
With offices in the US and Europe, ARCHIMED is a leading investment firm focused exclusively on the healthcare industries. Thanks to its mix of operational, medical, scientific and financial expertise, ARCHIMED serves as both a strategic and financial partner to North American and European healthcare businesses and helps partnering companies internationalize, acquire, innovate and expand their products and services.
With the investment and support of ARCHIMED, PlasmidFactory will expand into GMP grade manufacturing of plasmid and mincircle DNA and further consolidate its unrivaled reputation as provider of exceptionally pure materials for gene and cell therapy.
We gratefully acknowledge the support from German Ministry of Research and Education (BMBF), German Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi), European Commission (CLINIGENE, Network of Excellence, founded under the FP6) and the Ministry for Economic Affairs, Innovation, Digitalization and Energy of the State of NRW (MWIDE).
If you are interested in any of our running projects or in a collaboration, please contact us.