PlasmidFactory GmbH & Co. KG is a biopharmaceutical company, founded in Bielefeld in 2000.
Today the company is formed by a team of biologists, chemists, engineers and technicians. PlasmidFactory is the leading contract manufacturer of plasmid and minicircle DNA.
We produce your plasmids and minicircles according to your requirements in modern laboratories with high quality standards.
We are focussing R&D activities on our core competences: Production, analysis and storage of plasmid DNA.
At present we are working on the following reseach topics – in close co-operation with industrial and academic partners.
- Development of non-viral vector systems free of resistence gene sequences (minicircle)
- Research on long-term storage of plasmid DNA and parameters influencing the stability (e.g. plasmid size, DNA concentration, storage buffer)
- Influence of freeze and thaw conditions on plasmid topology
- DNA vaccine development for cat fibrosarcoma
- Production of dimer or multimer plasmids (e.g. reporter gene vectors)
- Application of capillary gel electrophoresis (CGE)
- Optimization of vectors for co-transfection, e.g. for production of viruses (AAV, LV) or antibodies
- Optimization of lentiviral vector systems
- Vector development for hepatitis vaccines
- Clinical and pre-clinical research for non-viral vectors
- Microfluidic channel for separating minicircle and miniplasmids.
Furthermore we co-operate with national and international partners on individual projects.
We gratefully acknowledge the support from German Ministry of Research and Education (BMBF), German Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi), European Commission (CLINIGENE, Network of Excellence, founded under the FP6).
If you are interested in any of our running projects or in a collaboration please contact us.