PlasmidFactory GmbH & Co. KG is a globally active biopharmaceutical company, founded in Bielefeld, Germany, in 2000. The leading contract manufacturing organization (CMO) for plasmid and minicircle DNA has a strong customer base in the fields of cancer research, gene and cell herapy, CAR T-cell development, and vaccination.
PlasmidFactory produces plasmids and minicircles according to client's requirements in modern laboratories with high quality standards.
The company's R&D activities are focussed on its core competencies: Production, analysis and storage of plasmid and minicircle DNA.
The PlasmidFactory team is formed of biologists, chemists, engineers and technical assistants.
PlasmidFactory is working on the following research topics – in close co-operation with industrial and academic partners.
- Transient AAV production
- Development of non-viral vector systems free of resistence gene sequences (e.g. minicircle)
- Research on long-term storage of plasmid DNA and parameters influencing the stability (e.g. plasmid size, DNA concentration, storage buffer)
- Influence of freeze and thaw conditions on plasmid topology
- DNA vaccine development for cat fibrosarcoma
- Production of dimer or multimer plasmids (e.g. reporter gene vectors)
- Application of capillary gel electrophoresis (CGE)
- Optimization of vectors for co-transfection, e.g. for production of viruses (AAV, LV) or antibodies
- Optimization of lentiviral vector systems
- Vector development for hepatitis vaccines
- Clinical and pre-clinical research for non-viral vectors
Furthermore, PlasmidFactory co-operates with national and international partners on individual projects.
We gratefully acknowledge the support from German Ministry of Research and Education (BMBF), German Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi), European Commission (CLINIGENE, Network of Excellence, founded under the FP6).
If you are interested in any of our running projects or in a collaboration, please contact us.